THE Test for Those “Blueberry Fans” Out There:

My tongue was blue for a full hour today. Normally this would only happen if I were eating a lollipop or some kind of crazy colored ice cream, but not this time. My tongue was blue because I ate the blueberry-est blueberry muffin ever created for breakfast this morning. One would guess that these juicylicious breakfast snacks would only be found in Willy Wonka’s baked good section of his factory, but I am here to tell you that they are available at the Common Grounds café in the basement of the BMU at Chico State.

I understand last week I blogged about the BMU Common Grounds, but becasue of my almost permanent residence campus I don’t find it difficult to justify this double blog.

Now, let me tell you a little bit more about the blissful blueberry muffin I had this morning. First off, I wasn’t positive that the Common Grounds would still have some left from the morning rush. These blueberry muffins are a popular choice amongst my fellow customers because they are made FRESH every morning, but to my pleasant surprise a few of the beloved blueberry muffins were staring at me through the case despite my late arrival at 11.

I pulled out left over change from my pocket and prayed that I could compile the small amount of $1.39. After fingering through the coins and mumbling a soft (and selfish) prayer I had exactly $1.50. Hallelujua. The blueberry gods were looking down on me and smiled upon me OH SO graciously. I purchased my majestic muffin and ran off to class so I could get a seat and commence my ceremonious blueberry muffin feast.

The fluffy dough stroked my lips as they surpassed them, and once I started chewing a burst of blueberry  juice coated the insides of my teeth. WOW! I just couldn’t fathom the fantastic-ness of this muffin. Within the next two minutes I was licking my fingertips and wiping the corners of my lips with a napkin. When I turned to my friends and attepmted to join their upbeat conversation all my friends started busting up laughing once I opened my mouth to speak. Ohmygod. Is there stuff in my teeth?! I cover my mouth and sequel “whhhat?!” After a few moments (which felt like they lasted forever) my friends calmed down they told me to stick out my tongue. I did so and they told me through spatters of giggles that it looked like I swallowed a smurf. After laughing together we walked into class. In retrospect I may have acted embarrassed about my blue tongue in that moment, but now I see a temporary blue tongue as a ribbon that is only earned for passing THE test of being a “true blueberry fan.”